is a mapping and Geographical
Information Systems (GIS) software for use with
has an extensive set of features to create, edit, export
and analyze Esri Shapefiles.
why should you use SF-Editor
You can Create and Edit maps.
for people who need a tool to create/edit maps.
If you have complex GIS maps which need to be changed
every time (such as utility maps),
your best choice.
Ease of use. you do not have to be a GIS expert.
Within hours, you can learn how to draw, edit and print
Powerful features. Behind the simple, clean
interface, experts and students of GIS will find a
wealth of functions for manipulating vector data .
SF-Editor can be used as a stand-alone desktop
application or in a client-server configuration. It can
be connected to the ESRI ArcSDE
SF-Editor includes advanced functionality to build
line and polygon topology to systematically identify and
correct topology errors – such as polygon holes or
overlaps, dangling line nodes, unconnected line
intersections, etc. from shapefile map layers.
Besides the reasonable license price,
intuitive to learn and use, which can significantly
reduce user training costs.
SF-Editor can be learned
from the tutorials and help files which are accessible
under the program’s Help menu. The user interface is
provided in 2 languages (Persian/English).
can connect to any type of database throught the ODBC.
So you could link your personal database, even in a
remote system, to your shapefile database.This feature
will anable you to analyze a database within your map.
- Edit already existing or create/digitize new shapefiles.
- Open/display ESRI ArcSDE spatial database map layers,
export ArcSDE data to other supported formats.
- Update or create vector shapes by importing x,y
coordinates from a text file, spreadsheet.
- Import x,y points data from a CSV file as a points
shapefile layer, with attributes
- Special shapefile drawing tools: rectangle, rotated
rectangle, quadrilateral, circle, right angle, freehand
- Shapefile editing with distance/bearing measurements
- Snap vertices to already existing vertices during when
editing or digitizing new shapes (Endpoint, Midpoint,
Center, Perpendicular, Nearest , …)
- Editing tools: Trim, Clip, Extend, Move, Copy, Offset,
Beak, Array, …
- Vertex editing: Move, Delete, Add, Delete group
- Line smoothing mode using B-Splines
- Splitting and unions of vector shapes
- Merge shapefile layers into one (very fast)
- Create buffers and convex hulls and use to perform
- Advanced filtering tools, e.g., shape type, spatial
extent, selection, and/or attribute query (using SQL
Builder), to extract specific data from a shapefile
- Edit shapefile attribute information directly within the
- Export/import shapefile attribute data to/from a
spreadsheet or database file
- Unlimited number of layers.
- User-definable symbols.
- Curved, masked, and outline text and other text effects.
- Edit attributes of found set.
- Build polygon and polyline topology layers and use to
systematically identify and correct geometrical errors
in shapefile layers .
- Live data capture (NMEA and Garmin)
- Download waypoints and tracks.
- Live tracking of moving points.
- Ortho-rectify aerial photography using GPS control
- Open the attribute information of any vector map layer
as a table in the data panel; perform advanced queries
against attribute values
- Zoom in/out, pan, Dynamic zoom
- Definable layer visibility zoom (scale) level
- Visual layer property control for all aspects of the
layer appearance (colors, styles, polygon fills,
outlines, symbols, labels, etc.)
- Custom render thematic maps based on vector attribute
- User defined scale for viewing/printing
- Add, remove layers in a project; unlimited number of
- Advanced labeling features to control fonts, sizes,
colors, dynamic positioning, etc.
- Use TrueType symbols for points.
- Hotlink (Picture, Movie, MS-Word document, Project, URL
- Present data as bar and pie charts
- Spatial querying
- Advanced attribute data presentation, querying, and
selection with the data panel
- Measurement tools for distance, area, and perimeter
- Print and print preview
- User-defined page templates for high-quality accurately
- Auto Multi-sheet printing of large maps with key map.
- Copy visible extent of all layers to Windows clipboard
using the EMF meta format